In My Librarian Mind

Monday, November 07, 2005

Web 2.0, etc

I discovered through the Library Stuff blog an interesting site called the PubSub Community List, which rates blogs. Looks pretty good and is thus far split into: The P.R. List, The Law List, The Library List, and The Fashion List. Steven explains it best here.

Also, this weekend was spent discussing Web 2.0 and all of the sharing it encompasses.I've come to believe that Web 2.0 really puts it all out there-the information just keeps on exploding and it seems to me that in a certain way Web 2.0 is attempting to classify it from within itself. By this I mean that the web is now being classified and "tagged" by its users. What does this mean to libraries and librarians (especially those within the cataloging field)? I believe there's a lot to be learned by such classification and tagging-what is "our" public saying about how they want to find things. What classification measures are they using and are they working?

Questions to be pondered...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home