In My Librarian Mind

Friday, October 28, 2005

Feeling Better

So right off I'd like to say that I'm feeling better about blogs today. Bloglines has literally saved my blogging life. I'm starting to feel more at home within the vast biblioblogosphere. I also feel like I'm gaining a great amount of knowledge especially in the area of library technology each day.

This week I read Steven Bell's Where the Readers Are article which appeared in the Fall 2005 Supplement of Library Journal. (Steven Bell blogs at the Kept-up Academic Librarian.) The article lays out practical marketing advice for academic library blogs. He suggests integrating the library blog with courseware software, such as blackboard for better visability. Bell also compiled a quite useful list of "Tips for Successful Blogging."

The other thing I'm interested in and will blog about later is podcasting, etc... I've yet to bought an I-Pod, but am starting to see a real need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home