In My Librarian Mind

Friday, October 14, 2005

Interesting Links related to Libs & Tech

This week I came across some quite interesting information through various avenues. I was introduced to this new basic interface metasearch engine called gada.be now in beta testing. Its premise is that it is easily loadable for various web devices and is RSS compatible. You can sift through the specifics here.

I also went to the ALA (American Library Association) website and did a simple search on technology in which I was directed to the LITA (Library and Information Technology Association) website. Within this website exists a wealth of information concerning libraries and technology and I would greatly urge anyone interested in this field to check it out. There was a section about blogs that I found to be of particular interest. One blog that was highlighted within this section was "blog without a library" which, is self described as "a blog about what libraries are doing with blogs, rss, & other little technologies."

Another interesting website that I ran across is the Awesome Library. There is a technology link which is divided into various topics the ones on blogs and web page design are both full of quite interesting links.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home