In My Librarian Mind

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

To answer my own question...

Why an MLIS?
It's who I am, who I always was, and who I yearn to be each and everyday. It's an infinite and ever-changing world of opportunity and aside from this recent bump I really do love librarianship. Today I was told to by my "boss" to "take my librarian head off" I'm not even sure what that means. If I were to take my librarian head off whom would I be? Librarianship does not merely dwell within my head; it's in the depths of my core and affects everything I do. I assess, weed, collect, and organize my closet. I make resourceful websites and bibliographies in my spare time.
I am librarian, hear me roar!

1 Comments:

  • Nancy,

    I am in the same position. I have been looking and sending resumes to no avail. I have noticed there is less of a need for librarian. I see support positions, if there is a librarian he or she is probably part-time. The pay seems to be a low scale.

    My friend sent me this library blog and it is very disapointing.
    Here is the link:http://community.livejournal.com/libraryschool/162782.html

    Here is a link I received that a Librarian was terminated for no reason. (I am sure this happens a lot).
    http://www.eldoradotimes.com/articles/2007/08/19/news/news2.txt

    By Blogger simon&schuster, at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home